Thursday, September 27, 2007

Aly makes me soo proud

While I was up on the computer yesterday Aly was downstairs coloring. She colored me this picture of a cat and wrote our cat's name on it. Our cat's name is Shadow and if you see at the bottom of the picture she wrote: SADOW. I think that is pretty amazing for a four year old. We have never told her how to spell Shadows name. She told me she sounded it out. The next picture she drew of a sun and she spelled that all by herself as well. I am soo proud of her. She amazes me every day!
Earlier today I told her that tomorrow was sharing at preschool and she needed to bring something that starts with the letter B. Immediately she decided to bring her bunny. She said to me, "Mommy, I am going to bring my bunny, BBBB, starts with bunny!"

2 comments:

Bill F said...

What, Shadow has a pink tail? Have the kids been chasing the cat around the yard with spray paint? Poor kitty!!

Actually, I'm surprised that her spelling skills aren't better than that at 4 years of age. After all, when I was that age, I could, well, let's see...

OK, when I was 5 years old, I could, hmm... oh yeah, that was in kindergarten when I remember that they taught us vowels, and we had lots of finger painting and folk songs, but that was about it...

Ok, so anyway, when I was MUCH older, I was able to spell something. Maybe it was a word, I don't know. Probably was a painted rock with "MOM" written on it.

Oh, well, I guess Ally is doing very well after all!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Alyssa you are doing so well, your mommy couldn't spell until she was 7 yrs old and here you are at 4 yrs old spelling and writting. I'm so proud of you. You are a very very smart girl for your age.