Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day weekend visit to Burney

Well the girls and I took a trip to Burney to visit my step mom. Hubby was home working on the deck repairs all weekend and we wanted to give him some space and time to do it. We drove up Saturday morning to avoid the traffic. KK was perfect in the car. She spent the whole drive watching movies. I never heard a sound from her. Aly on the other hand was so excited to go see sticker grandma that every ten mintues she would ask, "Are we there yet?"

While at sticker grandma's house Aly discovered dominos. We don't have any at our house so she had a blast building towers and cages for her Littlest Pet Shop toys. KK enjoyed it too although her favorite part was knocking them down.









On Monday we decided to go to the local intermountain fair. This fair was a favorite for my father and he always did their electrical troubleshooting free during the intermountain fair. We went and visited the bricks that were purchased in his memory. Here are the bricks and a picture of Aly and sticker grandma sitting next to the bricks.













The hardest part about going to my Dad's house is oddly enough the drive on Clark Creek Rd. Every single time I drove down Clark Creek I remembered my father teaching me how to drive down that road. I even went slow everytime-probably less than 20 miles just so I could think about my dad and remember some of the good memories I had with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,

So nice to see the pictures.

Thanks.
Aunt Linda