Friday, May 22, 2009

What a Rough Week

This has been one of those tough weeks for hubby. He is working crazy hours and not getting much sleep. On Wednesday night the poor guy had to skip volleyball and ended up working so late he didn't get home until close to 3 a.m. This of course had me worried because I was afraid of him driving the hour home so tired. With the curvy mountain roads I was nervous he could fall asleep at the wheel and run off the road.

Last night he worked late but at lest he was home shortly after ten. I told him if it was going to be another late night I wanted to get a hotel for him near his work. That way he would get two extra hours of sleep and we wouldn't have to worry about him falling asleep at the wheel.

Now we are hoping that he can get everything he needs to get done today so he can still have a three day weekend. If not the poor guy will have to give up his three day weekend. You know what the worst part of all of this is? He is salary. He doesn't get paid any over time for any of these hours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sorry Angela. That's unbelieveable he had to work until that time...seems like it shouldn't be legal or something...just crazy. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you will all get to have your 3 day weekend together! :) Amy

Anonymous said...

Crazy is right. At that rate He is asking for a heeart attack. If you remember That it runs in the family. I don't think he's taking care of him self.He needs three days. Maybe even sleep in
Mom :(