Sunday, May 24, 2009

The girls are dancing!



Last Christmas Aly and I got to see The Nutcracker Ballet. She absolutely loved it! It was her first ballet and it got her really excited about dancing. So we asked Daddy if she could dance and he reluctantly agreed. We found a class locally too which was a definite plus. Typically we have to drive down the hill for most classes. So in January Aly started dance. KK watched and wanted to dance as well. In the beginning I wasn't sure if I wanted to let her. I wasn't sure if she was ready. So we let her do a trial class in March and the teachers felt like she could do it.



The girls love dance. The only downfall is they won't let them share the same dance class so we have to go to the studio on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It can be a bit challenging especially because Aly and KK want to dance together. We have tried it. They want to stick to each other like glue and dance next to each other. The teacher doesn't want them to so it ends up being a big deal..
In August the girls have their first dance recital. They will be dancing at a High School in Sacramento during the weekend of August 1 and 2. Their Saturday show will be at 7 p.m. and their Sunday show will be at 2 p.m. I am really looking forward to seeing them dance on stage. Don't worry I will be video taping it. They will only let me video tape Friday's dress rehearsal though. I think KK will end up being a riot. She really dances to the beat of her own drum!


No comments: