Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can't Sleep

Have you ever had one of those nights where you just have difficulty sleeping? Well last night was the night for me. First of all it was too hot when we went to bed, so we opened up the screen door and the window on the other side of the room and had the fan blowing the air across the room. This is sure a good way to start out the night but by the middle of the night it is freezing! Now I am wide awake, cold, thinking about things that don't need to be thought about in the middle of the night. Like, I need to start sorting through the girls clothes, what are we going to do after kindergarten graduation, how can I get flowers for Aly for graduation for a surprise without her seeing, how can I find a dalmatian stuffed animal for sticker grandma without the girls seeing, how hard is it going to be to make the cupcakes for their party, will the school really keep a 30 to 1 ratio in K-3, if not will they bring another teacher back or will they hire a part time teacher to just teach reading and math?

I hate these nights! My life really isn't filled with stress and for me to lay awake and cause myself meaningless stress really just drives me mad! Finally after too long of a period lying awake I get up and decide to be useful. Since KK has crawled into our bed in the middle of the night, I decide to go into her room and go through all of her old clothes! Do you know how much of a procrastinator I am? When I finally went through her clothes. There were two years worth of clothes that were too small for her in her closet and her drawers. I filled an entire garbage bag. The good news is I will drop the bag off at my friends house. She will go through and take what she wants. When she is finished I will either sell the rest or donate them to a local thrift store.

Now Aly has managed to go from her bed in the playroom to the extra bed in KK's room. I should make a run for it now and go through her closet. I wonder how many years worth of stuff I will find in there?

No comments: