Sunday, May 10, 2009

To KK with love

Today is Mother's Day and I have decided to start writing you an annual letter each Mother's Day. I wrote you your first one last year. I cannot believe how much you have grown and changed just in this past year. It is amazing and I am so proud of the girl that you are becoming. Last year at this time you were still very much my little baby. Now you are growing into my little girl that I just don't want to let grow up.

Last year at this time you had learned all of your letters and sounds. Guess what you are doing now? Yes, you guessed it you are reading three letter words like cat, rat, dog, dad, etc. The most fun part is that you are also spelling words too. Your writing in the last couple of months has developed amazingly. You can now write all of your letters including lower case too. It is so much fun to see you sitting and coloring at the table. One of your favorite things to do is to draw a Dalmatian dog and write the word of on the paper. You know your numbers well too. You can count to 20 and you recognize your numbers through 10. I am so proud of your desire to learn new things. The best part is you do not get easily frustrated and you are very tenacious. You just keep trying until you get it right.

You have also amazed me at preschool. I totally thought that with your strong personality preschool would be quite an adjustment for you learning to listen to other adult authorities. The opposite was true. While you did vocalize if you did or did not want to do something, you would always do what you were told. I am so happy that you are a respectful little girl. I look forward to your social development next year and am interested to see what type of friends you will like to have.


You imagination is so much fun to watch. Do you know what your favorite thing to do is right now? You love pretending you are a dog, specifically Pongo from the 101 Dalmatians. In fact, you have been so in love with this concept over the past 3-4 months that you have even gotten your sister interested. She is now known as Perdita and you both have a blast playing Dalmatians together. I hope you both grow up to be best friends and find comfort in each other. I never had a sister and always wished I had. I was so happy when I found out that I would have two girls and have always hoped you two will grow up with a special, loving bond.

One of my favorite things about you is your constant smile. You are always happy. It is so much fun to be around you just to soak in your happy state! I hope that you grow up to be a happy, positive woman who looks for the good in everything.

I really look forward to watching you grow over this next year. I will enjoy watching you learn to read, watching your drawing skills develop, and watching you learn how to make friends and share with one another. I want you to know that I love you more than I ever imagined I could. I will always love you no matter what!

No comments: