Monday, May 11, 2009

Finally after 7 years!

It is no secret that when we moved into our house it was an absolute dump. It needed new carpet throughout, painting, tons of shelving removed from the walls, new appliances, etc..etc..the list goes on. While we have managed to do some of those repairs we have put off the bathroom cabinets. Those of you that have been to my house have seen the shameful bathroom cabinet downstairs that has a homemade fabric curtain around it because it is missing doors. Yes, I have had to live with that for seven years! Plus a year ago during a plumbing problem we ripped out the bathroom cabinet upstairs. Can you believe we haven't had a bathroom sink for over a year!

Well all that will change now. Since we are in the middle of a refi we need an appraisal. Obviously this is motivating us to make a few quick changes. So I will also be painting the walls before we install the cabinets. I really need some advice. What color should I paint the walls and how should I decorate the bathroom? What color shower curtain, towels, etc.? I am obviously not only fashion challenged but decorating challenged as well. I am completely clueless! So please help! Leave me a comment with your suggestions!

Here are pics of the new vanity/sink.



The wood is a deep cherry brown and the top is a black granite marble with a white bowl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's absolutely beautiful! I LOVE it! You must be so excited! I'm so not good with colors either. I love the cherry wood though....so rich looking. It's just beautiful! I can't wait to see it in your bathroom. How fun! :) AMy