Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The race against the power outage.

We have been getting so much snow lately. We were lucky enough to have it all melted away last Sunday but a new round of storms has continued to bring back more and more snow.

So this morning when it started snowing on top of the couple of inches we already had, I was in the race against time for a possible power outage. Previously when we get more than 6 inches of snow, it is quite likely that a power outage will occur. For us that means no water, phone, or power. We simply just have heat! Although if you ask me which of the four I would want the most it would be heat so I am soo thankful for our wood stove.

I quickly raced around the house this morning getting laundry done. I was so scared I would be left with a load of laundry in the washer and have the power go out. I also rushed to get the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned. I have learned from past experience there is nothing more disgusting than a kitchen full of dirty dishes in a power outage. One time the power was out for two days and we had dirty dished that needed to be washed. The second the power came back on I was in that kitchen getting those dishes cleaned. Every since then anytime I think there might be a power outage I go the the kitchen first and clean it.

Now I have to take the girls out in this weather to take Aly to a Dr.s appointment. I just know she has an ear infection. She has been crying this morning saying her ear hurt and Ibuprofen didn't even take all of the pain away. So wish me luck driving in this snow storm. I heard it has snowed all the way down to 2000 feet which normally is a 20-25 drive. I am sure that will take me close to an hour. Hopefully we will arrive at the Dr's safely and Aly will get the medicine she needs to heal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!

How fun that we have so much in common! :D I teach at Independence High School!