Sunday, January 20, 2008

Death and birth in the same day...

This morning I got a call from my friend Kristi at 10:30 a.m. that she was on the way to the hospital to have her baby boy Travis. I was so happy for her and at her request began spreading the news to our joint friends. As I was finished spreading the news I went upstairs to check my email. It was then I got the grave news that my teaching friend, Robert Ector, had passed away.

I knew he had went into the hospital on Tuesday and I knew he had a massive heart attack. Somehow I just thought he would make it through. I just thought he would awake from his coma and beat it. Am I just at that stage in my life when I still believe everyone's invincible? My heart ached hearing the news he was in the hospital but I just couldn't imagine it would come to this. I didn't want to go there. I didn't want to believe he could be gone.

So then after hearing of his passing I had to get on the phone and pass the news on to some of my teaching friends that knew him as well. When I called one of our mutual friends Jeanne, it helped to reminisce of our times with Robert. Of how he would make us laugh. Of how he would call us up while we were teaching and bring a smile to our face. He was such a positive, happy person and it was a joy to know him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good reading your post, too <3

God bless.