Thursday, January 24, 2008

A clean house is hard to maintain


It was fun to read a blog posted by Melody which pertained to the frantic scramble to clean the house before the Realtor would be there in an hour. It was also fun to read all of the comments she received on her post. It was amazing to see how many SAHM's struggle with keeping their house cleaned.
I too struggle with our house. I feel like I am always behind and will never catch up. It got me thinking about where the time goes and what I do with that time--besides blogging ;-) I realized most weeks are very difficult. With Aly attending preschool MWF we leave the house at 8:30 a.m. and don't return until close to 1 p.m. Due to preschool being a 25 minute commute we can't waste gas and come home. So I run errands, volunteer, and take KK to her playgroup appointments. Fridays are even more difficult as I don't get home until after 2 due to having occupational therapy right after Aly gets out of school. So this leaves me Tue/Thur. to get everything done. Let's face it by the time we get home from preschool the girls need to be fed and dinner preparations start to happen. Plus the girls tend to need attention etc.
Well this week due to Martin King Jr. holiday and Aly getting sick we haven't left the house all week. We have been home for four days straight. Let me just tell you I have been able to get a lot more done! I am caught up on laundry and all of the clutter piles are disappearing. I have even been able to get some deep cleaning done as well. Amazing. So I am learning that living where we live and having to drive so far for everything doesn't leave me enough time to get everything done that I need to! Perhaps this week will be a good jump start and I can work really hard at maintaining it.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

Yes, this is a constant struggle for us mothers, isn't it? I too am constantly trying to stay on top of everything and getting everything done that needs attention. Sounds like you had a productive week - that's great!

Thanks so much for stopping by my site - very nice to meet you and I hope to see you again soon. Kellan

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Well, I just walk onto your blog and I see you chit chattin' about me and my oh-so-favorite topic! lol ;) Thanks for the shout out.

Girl, I got tired just reading your post. You are one busy mama! I don't have a third of your duties and my house is a mess AND it's a tiny house. We're getting ready to start construction on our new house which is over double the size and I'm SKKKKEEEEEEEEERED of the mess it will hold! LOL

I just feel that each SAHM should automatically get a personal assistant. The assistants would be worn ragged with the amount of work that has to be done each day. We have the most important job in the world. The job is NEVER done, you can't clock out and you don't get paid. It's totally worth it.

I'm so hip on putting priorities in place. A constantly clean house would be FAAAABULOUS, but I'd rather try to find some 'free' time to play, giggle and make memories than make sure the mirrors are spotless. Now, I don't want to live in a dump either, but Marth Stewart can just skip my house and visit the Joneses down the road.

Great post! :)

~melody~