Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mom's day out

Well today I was lucky enough to participate in a Mom's retreat for Mom's of children in the Family connections program. It was a well deserved get away out at an Olive Oil farm. While they had a pool and Jacuzzi it was way too cold for any of us to brave the cold and jump in.

The retreat was from 10-2 and included a brunch consisting of quiche, fruit, and an apple spinach salad. For dessert they had four layer chocolate cake, fruit cobbler, and ice cream. I had a small slice of the chocolate cake and only ate half of it. I had already blown my diet the previous day between Round Table Pizza and ice cream at Cold Stones.

The good news was they let each of us sign up for a free 15 minute massage. While the massage was painful it did loosen me up quite a bit. I truly enjoyed it. We also got to plant crocus bulbs and make a little photo tin holder. I gave hubby the bulbs and Aly the photo tin holder.

They asked if we would all have interest in meeting up with the mom's once a month on a Friday night. I put my name on the list and will see. For me it depends on what the activity is that they are doing. It seams a lot of women are into scrap booking and I would rather not go to that type of an activity.

I got home around 3 as the retreat ran late and I needed gas and crickets for the frogs on the way home. Hubby was completely burned out and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening outside gardening while I jumped right in to those numerous loads of laundry and cleaning.

2 comments:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to take some time away for yourself! Sounds like you had a great time!