Tuesday, October 9, 2007

And the winner is......

NOT ME, hubby won the diet competition this week. I don't even want to report the numbers but I will say he smoked me this time. I guess my Friday pizza/ice cream lapse really hurt me. Oh well, each week starts new so there is always next week!

Today was the day I had to take an orientation class on Child Care licensing in Sacramento. This meant that I needed to find someone to watch the girls while I took the class. So, I had to leave my house at 6:30 this morning to get the girls to Aly's friend Maya's house by 7:15. At 7:30 I left there to get to Sacramento by 8:45. With all of the traffic it took me an hour which usually I think it is just a 40 minute drive normally. I made it there early though by 8:30. Oddly enough there were only 6 of us in the class of which 25 were signed up to take. So lucky for me, with that small of a class it was accelerated and we got out at 12:35.

I will say originally I was suppose to have the girls dropped off until about 4:30 as the class was supposed to be done at 3:45. So I was very relieved as I was nervous how KK would do away from me for such a long day. That would have been ten hours! Luckily I was able to pick them up by 2 so that felt really good. The girls did great though. Of course Aly was sad the moment I walked through the door as she didn't want to come home. She wanted to stay and play with her friend all day. KK was really happy though. The best part is KK never cried the whole time I was gone and she did very well. That made me feel really good.

I have to say it was nice to have a break from parenting for the day. It felt so good to drive in the car and not have to hand back sippy cups or answer questions from a gabby four year old. It also felt nice to be able to run into a gas station, go to the bathroom, and buy a granola bar without having to take two kids out of car seats, drag them into the store, and strap them back into their car seats. It also felt really good to just sit in class and not hear winning, screaming, nagging, or fighting from my children. I really enjoyed the break. I couldn't believe how nice it was to have a twenty minute break for lunch and actually be able to have adult conversation. It was even more nice to stop by Taco Bell for ten minutes on the way back and eat a burrito in silence. Oh the things we SAHM's miss. The things our hubbies don't really understand we need. I loved my day today. Not that I don't totally love my girls and staying home with them, we all just need a break from the daily routine every once in a while.

No comments: