Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Now what am I to do?????

Lately I have been contemplating going back to work. I have applied for a few jobs here and there but have never really pursued anything. Well yesterday I was pursued and had to make a quick decision. About 5 p.m. last night the principal from the elementary school Aly will be going to next year called me. They got my name from the county office of education. They needed an immediate long term sub for the remainder of the school year.

My head was spinning, what was I to do? This would be the perfect opporutnity to get in with the school and let them see that they want me as a permanent teacher. This would also be a great outlet for me to meet new people and make some new friends. I had to think quick on my feet so I took the job!

I asked them to please give me until Monday so I could find childcare for both of my girls. Now the real work will start. Since I couldn't find anything last night I waited till this morning. I called Aly's preschool to see if they had two full time openings. To my dismay they only had one. So that is not an option. So now what am I to do? I guess I will be spending the rest of the week observing childcare and trying to find one with two openings. This is going to be one heck of a week!

Do you know what today is? Today just happens to be Tuesday, April 1st. So in the spirit of April fools day this entire post is just a joke. Ha, ha, April Fools. Hope you all enjoy the day and get a few good laughs at some of the jokes people will be pulling on eachother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you had me going.I was going to call you and say I'd watch the girls.
But ha,ha, on me
Love grandma T

Anonymous said...

You got me.

I was thinking "oh, no!", etc., etc., etc...

Ha ha on me as well...

-- Bill