Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our Gas bill is sky high!


Today I went through our bills to see how much money we spent on gas and groceries for the month. I wasn't shocked to find out that our gas bill was $661.70. With rising gas prices I know this month will hit $700+. With hubby's 100 mile a day commute and Aly's preschool being a 40 mile round trip commute three days a week we use a lot of gas. Hubby drives a jeep which he is absolutely in love with and gets only 17 miles to the gallon. My car to my dismay is getting around 18 miles to the gallon. When I had purchased it I thought I would get closer to 22. Oh well, what can you do.
We do have a Toyota Corolla that gets 30 mpg but it has been broke down for 1 1/2 years now. We have brought it to 4 different mechanics and no one has seemed to find what was wrong. They have replaced things here and there but it hasn't taken care of the problem. We now have it at another mechanic and I hope he will be able to fix it. It seems promising. Wish us luck that it will be fixed in the next few weeks. We could sure use the gas break. Course getting hubby to drive that car will be a whole different problem. He thinks it is a small girly car. Hee, hee....what can you do? At least I know I can drive it on preschool days and cut down on my end.
Our grocery bill was higher than I like. We spent $353.96. I will try harder this month. I like to keep it around 200-250. Before I even started being concerned about our grocery budget we used to spend like $600 so I guess I should be happy we are down to what we are.

No comments: