Friday, August 21, 2009

Working on her outer appearance

Since Aly has been old enough to dress herself I have been allowing her to chose what to wear. Most of the time it means nothing matches and she might even be putting on stained clothes. I didn't say much and allowed her to express herself in anyway that made her feel comfortable. This meant she would never let me do her hair either than brushing it and she wore play clothes most of the time.

Well on multiple occasions last year one of my friends would complain on her blog about frumpy children. I knew I had one and didn't really get why people care so much about how people look. I certainly don't care and want my girls to feel comfortable with however they choose to look. I have heard other people complain about it since as well. So this school year I thought I would try to make more of an effort to help Aly look cute!

This year she decided to cut her hair short so that has helped a ton! Since she never wanted anything done with her hair before, all I have to do now with her short hair is spray it down in the morning to get rid of the lumpy hair. I have also picked her outfits for her each morning. She doesn't seem to mind. I will usually ask her if she wants to wear a dress, shorts, or Capri's and then based on her answer I will pick her outfit.

I took some pictures this week because I thought she looked really cute. Here they are:



I thought Aly looked really cute. KK wanted to take a picture too. See I still let her look frumpy, maybe I will pay more attention when she starts preschool.


On this day she actually let me put a small trendy braid in the front of her hair from the left side of her bangs down to her ear. It looked so cute and I will probably try to do the same thing for pictures. It is probably hard to see in this picture but I absolutely loved it!

Well hopefully I will be able to keep it up. She stains her clothes rather quickly so hopefully we have enough to last through the year. Too bad for KK it is hard for her to get many hand me downs that are still in good condition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no cricizing but, Kids always point out stains on anothers clothes. and that doe's hurt ones feelings. You go around all day trying to find a way to hide it or even stay away from them

Anonymous said...

Put bib aprons on her when she eats at home

Anonymous said...

How is ally doing?
My baby must be hurting, Knowing her she suffering inside,thinking.
Grandma