Sunday, August 16, 2009

Subbing Day 2

On Friday I subbed for the second day in the kindergarten class. KK woke me up around 2:30 in the morning and I wasn't able to fall back asleep until 5:30. I lay awake thinking about the day with 34 kindergartners to myself. I was trying to think of new ways to make things work more efficiently so we could get things done without them taking so long!

The day went much better than I could have anticipated. The kids were more settled and I was even lucky enough to have a parent volunteer for the entire day! I was thrilled. She was awesome too! It was a big help to have her and I was so happy for her help. She was previously an 8th grade teacher so she knew some tricks as well!

The one difficult boy in the class didn't start having any problems until after 10:30. The rest of the day was rough for him and I did have to call the resource teacher to come and help with him. It was nice though to have her help with him when he refused to comply. It takes away learning time from the other students so to be able to have someone come and deal with him was a huge relief!

The day was tiring and I was glad when it was over. All the children were accounted for and safe! That was my primary goal! Let us hope that over the next few weeks they get the numbers figured out and will drop them down to 25. If not it will sure slow down learning in the classroom and I am sure far less will be accomplished!

No comments: