Sunday, August 16, 2009

Aly's first day of school

Last Wednesday was Aly's first day of first grade. She was so excited for school to start. She was thrilled she would see her friends again and couldn't wait to see who was in her classroom.
That morning she woke up extra early and kept asking if it was time for school yet. She didn't want to wait and wanted to leave right away. I explained to her that school started at 9 and even if we did get there sooner no one would be there yet.

We got to school about twenty minutes early. She found her friend Kendall in the parking lot and was thrilled to see her. She also found her friend Nathan who she had missed all summer long.




Don't Aly and Kendall look cute? Poor KK didn't understand why she didn't get to go to school. She lined up with Aly and kept saying she wanted to go to school too. She really wanted to ride the bus though!



Aly was happy to go to class. Her only fear was wondering where she was supposed to sit at lunch since she wouldn't be sitting at the kindergarten tables anymore. I snuck into the class and took a quick picture of her at carpet time!
She had a great day! I on the other hand did not have such a great day. I had only gotten around 4-5 hours of sleep. Yes, KK woke me up! I couldn't go back to sleep and I don't even know what I was thinking about. When we woke up in the morning the power went out and remained off until shortly before lunch. I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and locked my keys in the Corolla. Thank goodness I have AAA but I did have to wait for 30 minutes for someone to come and unlock my door! Then I came home and cleaned for a few hours, picked up Aly from school, and drove to Lincoln to pick up hubby's mom. She was kind enough to volunteer to watch KK. We ended up getting home shortly after 8:30 as we stopped for dinner at IHOP. It sure ended up being a long, exhausting day!
I am glad that Aly had a good day though! I look forward to this week of school and being able to focus more on how school is going for her!

1 comment:

Cathy White said...

I'm so glad Alyssa is starting off first grade so well! Maya is having a lot of anxiety being with the big kids, so it's been a little bit rough so far. I thought she was going to cry when I left today! I was not expecting that reaction from my outgoing kid!