Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The girls get new beds

I have never been sure what type of bedroom furniture I wanted to get the girls. I thought it would be good to just take a few years to think about it. A few weeks ago we went to a birthday party and the girls fell in love with the bunk beds at their friends house. They were really cute and feminine. They were off white and had a pretty leaf pattern on them. I asked my friend where she got them and she said Beck's.

I went to Beck's to check out the bunk bed set. I loved it too but wasn't sure I wanted to invest that much money. I also wasn't sure if I wanted a twin over twin set, a twin over full set, or a full over full set. I did some research on the set I wanted and Beck's was selling it at a competitive price. They told me if I went in on Friday I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. I still tried to get more of a discount. I asked them if I bought the beds and two dressers if they could give me an additional discount. They said they could only take twenty dollars off each dresser. I told them I would check out some more furniture stores then and see if I could find anything else.

Lucky for me I did! I found a beautiful dark wood mission set. The night before I looked at this store the girls were both claiming they wanted to sleep on the top bunk. I made a deal with them that they could take turns, one night Aly and one night KK. When I got to the store and saw the beautiful full over full mission style bunk bed set I was sold! It was made of solid wood and both girls could sleep on top if they wanted. The best part was it was $130 cheaper than the other set at Beck's. So I called hubby to make sure he was o.k. with it and he said yes.

The best part about these bunk beds is both beds can stand alone if you no longer want them as bunk beds. They will look beautiful apart and we will never have to buy them another bed set again!

The next day hubby brought the beds home after work. He started working on them and didn't finish until 11:30 at night! Shockingly KK stayed up the whole time in excitement. Aly fell asleep long before! After the bed was built we moved Aly to the bottom bunk. KK wasn't ready to sleep in the new bed yet!

In the past week Aly has been the only one sleeping on the bed. She has slept on the top bunk twice but all of the rest of the nights she is sleeping on the bottom bunk. KK is not sleeping on the bed at all. Hopefully in time she will!



The beds look really cute in their room! Aly is excited to have it! KK just thinks it is a fort.

No comments: