Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Running, running, running

Well today has just been a typical day. We had to get the oil changed in the car and then off to gymnastics. KK my youngest daughter is still giving me a hard time. She has been doing gymnastics since April and still cries and throws fits everytime because she doesn't want to wait her turn and she doesn't like the stretching portion of the class. Her class size is rather large, I think we currently have 8 toddlers in the class and it can go as large as 10. Well, since she throws fits everytime waiting for her turn, she always has to wait until every child has gone. So I have to sit with her for 5 minutes of temper tantrum throwing. Today I tried singing and rocking and it worked for about 3-60 second intervals but then it was right back to the tantrum! Hopefully it will get better!

Aly is doing well in gymnastics. They finally split her class in two which has been nice since she can be in the older children's class and is doing more challenging activities. Last week was the first week of the split class and it was so cute. When class was over she said, "Mommy, that class was really hard work!" I am glad to see her being challenged.

We are still trying to figure out what to do for the 4th. I have a campsite reserved but it is for large groups and the people we had invited are no longer coming. So, we have a large expensive campsite meant for 12 people and it is only the 4 of us. We are probably just going to cancel and only get half of our money back. Hopefully we will have it all figured out in the next day or two.

My current problem is trying to figure out how I can fit 3 car seats in the back seat of my car. In a year we are supposed to start a carpool but I am not sure if my current car will work. I think the only way I can have 3 car seats in the back is if I use all booster seats and my guess is that KK will still be too small to be in a booster. While the timing is right for me to buy a new car at that point, I am not sure if I will be ready. I kind of want to wait the market out to see if they will be coming out with more fuel efficient midsize vehicles. I want a car that holds 7-8 passengers and ideally fuel economy of 28 highway miles or better. Rumor has it that the Toyota Sienna hybrid should be coming out anytime and the claim is the gas mileage could be between 35-40 MPG. I don't really want a minivan but if it really gets that good of gas mileage then I would definately consider it.

Better run for now. The kids need me;-)

No comments: