Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Everyday brings big changes!

Wow, I didn't have a chance to come back on and tell what happened late afternoon. At 4:40 Ray shows up to cut down 5 of our big pine trees on the hill. We needed them cut down for two reasons:
1. They were too close to the house and we were worried they could fall on the house in a bad storm.
2. It should give us a good satellite signal.

Well it was amazing to watch him fall the trees. Do you know how long it took him? Only 30 minutes. It was like Paul Bunun in the forest. The sad thing though is that they knocked a baby blue jay out of his nest. The baby was alright and Ed wanted us to try and raise it. I went on the internet and found out that it needed to be fed every 45 minutes and said, "No way, I don't have time for that. My kids need me enough and I have several places I have to go over the next 3 days and I won't be around to take care of the bird." So I read some advice online and it said to put the bird and makeshift nest in a box and nail it to a nearby tree. Hubby did that and it looks as if the birds mom and dad found him. So hopefully he will survive the natural way.

KK slept bad again last night. I am soo tired. I have made a plan and I am going to stop letting her come and sleep in my bed in the middle of the night. I am going to bring her back to her bed and stay with her till she falls asleep. Hopefully this will work. She is two and I think it is about time for me to be able to enjoy a full nights sleep.

I am soo over due for a nice break from everyone. I am hoping soon I can take some time to myself on a weekend. A nice big block of time. I feel like I am on major burnout and it can really effect my patience level with the kids. Staying home full time and not getting any break from your 24/7 job can make it really hard. Some moms are great at handling it and never having time away but I am just one of those moms that needs at least one or two days a month to rejuvenate.

Wish me luck sleeping tonight!

1 comment:

nancy said...

Sounds like your 3 yr old has you trained well. I agree you need a break for at least 24 hrs. You can always come and stay here.I don't mind.It would be good to see you. Better warn you summers here and it's in the 100's. (TOday 105.)
mom t>