Thursday, June 21, 2007

pajama party

My poor daughter Aly has never forgotten the day at preschool when they were having a pajama party. She couldn't go because she had croup. Ever since I she talks about how she hopes she won't miss it next year and she was sad she didn't get to go. So, she came up with her own idea to invite her friend Nick over for a pajama party. Yes, it is the middle of summer but they had a good time anyway. It was really cute and Ncik seemed to enjoy it himself.

KK on the otherhand is amazing me on a daily basis. About a month ago she wouldn't respond to directions or questions and now she is doing both. Each day she is learning new words and phrases. Today she said, "No, don't want wear diaper, don't like it" Now that is pretty amazing to go from just saying no, to saying an 8 word phrase. I definately feel like she is just a late bloomer in the speech department and is rapidly catching up!

Yesterday I made plans to have a girls night out on a Friday. I asked hubby and he said I could go. While I was lying in bed I realize at 11:00 at night, I can't go out that day it is our anniversary!!! I wake hubby up from his sleep to tell him. I feel so lame that I didn't realize it myself. I am normally so good with these things. I guess if I would have actually looked at the date when I was scheduling the night out I would have figured it out.

Did you happen to watch the oprah show about Jessica Coleman, the 15 year old girl that killed her baby? Man that was a hard show to watch! I felt so much sympathy for all parties involved. I really don't think at 15 you have the ability to rationalize exactly what you are doing. I think you don't really get the impact of your decisions. They have done a lot of brain research and concluded that the frontal lobe in teenagers isn't fully developed and they have a hard time making rational decisions over emotional ones. I would have to agree with that. I remember doing some pretty stupid things myself at such a young age and not really "getting it!"

No comments: