Sunday, July 26, 2009

Local Swap Meet Not so Good

So this morning a friend and I decided to try and sell more of our baby and toddler items at the swap meet. We both slept horrible last night. She only got like 45 minutes of sleep and I got about 3 hours. We both had a hard time sleeping due to the children waking up and stressing out over not waking up to the alarm, if we had everything we needed, etc. We ended up leaving my house around 4:50 a.m. We made it down to the swap meet by 5:15 and there were plenty of spots to choose from. Since today would be a hot day we picked a spot that would get plenty of shade. This was our second time selling so we are learning a bit more with each time.



We shared a spot which costs ten dollars so it is nice to be able to split the cost. All the blue bins and the black infant car seat was mine and the rest was hers. It was such a dead day!!! Nobody was there. There was never a rush. It was very slow but I guess the good news was we got to have mostly uninterrupted conversation! I only made $40 and I spent $7 so really I came home with $33. I think Meghann made around $50 and she was a good girl and didn't spend anything!

We heard from people that do it regularly that the best time to come is the first or second Sunday of the month. The good news for me is that all my stuff is now nicely separated in bins so I can easily just pack them in the car. However, due to our busy schedules I don't think we will be able to make it out again until the first weekend in October! Crazy huh! After that whatever is left will be donated.

I bet I will sleep really well tonight! Let's hope the kids do too!

No comments: