Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cable TV

Back in April I believe it was, we decided to get rid of cable television. At the time we thought we would be able to use the digital converter boxes and an amplifier antennae to get free tv. Apparently we live too far away from a transmitter so it didn't work at all. So we were stuck just getting channels 3-13. In the beginning this was fine because most of the shows I watch were on that channel. If I missed it, which I found that I did the majority of the time, I could watch it for the most part on my laptop. Bravo tv wouldn't post current episodes so I missed their shows. CBS was great about having their shows posted by the next day. However The Biggest Looser wouldn't post their episodes for a week so that was annoying.

All in all I found the process to be just a little too complicated. A few weeks ago we decided to call the cable company to see how much it would cost to get cable channels 3-80. The lady on the phone said it would be $56 dollars a month. I gasped. I couldn't justify that much a month so I told her we just couldn't do it. Well, I don't know what changed between then and now but tonight was sure my lucky night. We already have cable Internet with them so hubby told me I should check out a bundle package. So I went online and found one. I called up the cable company to get it. The guy on the phone gave me an even better deal! He is giving me digital cable channels 3-80 plus free HBO for the next 24 months!!! Yes you heard right, 24 months! I couldn't pass that up! I can surely justify $30 a month! Plus he is giving me a DVR for $4.95 a month for the next 6 months and after that it will only be $7 a month!

I realized I also could not live without my DVR. I tried watching my laptop while I ran on the treadmill but there were so many times I would have to click to continue after a quick commercial was played. It was just plain annoying! As a matter of fact it was so annoying that I have been pathetic over the past three months on the treadmill and I think I have only used it 5 or 6 times. Yes that meant I gained 2 pounds but I am already working at getting rid of it.

I am so happy to be getting cable television and DVR back and my health will be happy too! Treadmill days are back again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! What an amazing deal you got...not that I am at all surprised! I bet you are counting down the days until your appt.! I know I would be!!! So happy for you! :) Amy