Saturday, July 4, 2009

KK did so well today

Wow, KK had a great day today. It was as if the dog bite never happened. She was running around all morning bending her wrist and putting pressure/weight on it. It also healed quite well over night. The swelling went down, there was only minor bruising, and it is already beginning to scab over. Tonight I will let the wound air out over night and take the bandage off.

Another surprising thing was that she wasn't scared of dogs at all. We went to my Grandma's house and she had three dogs at her house. Of course KK knew the dogs but I wasn't sure if she would be scared or skittish. Nope, it was as if nothing happened. We took the girls for a walk to the park and met a dog on the way. Same thing, it was as if nothing ever happened. She totally want to pet the dog. We told her to ask first so she did. I am so amazed at how quickly she bounced back from such a traumatic experience for her. Wow KK, you truly amaze me. You are so strong and courageous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, when is the dog going to be put down? When a dog attacks like that, unprovoked, the dog is usually put down since it has established itself as dangerous.

I knew someone that had that happen to his dog. The dog bit someone, unprovoked, and so he had to have it put down. -- and the dog was never considered something to be wary of.

At the very least, I certainly would not bring my kids around that dog again.

-- Bill

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Miss Kayla you are amazing! :) Amy