Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aly's Valentine Party

Finding time to blog has been difficult lately, especially with the power outages and my girls being sick so much. So I hope to try and play catch up over the next few days.

For Aly's class party they asked each parent to help their child build a castle for their Valentine's cards. Aly was thrilled of course but due to KK being so sick we had to wait to make the box over the weekend instead of a school night like Aly had hoped for. What made her even more disappointed was that we made the box in time for her to bring it to school on the Monday before Valentine's but that morning we received a call that the school would be closed due to snow. She was so angry and sad as she was wanting to show off her castle box. Luckily the next day we
were able to go to school and she was thrilled to bring in her castle.









The castle was fun to make and I really like it that she personalized it all on her own by adding the draw bridge and her name. The cupcake holders are actually frog ones which of course thrilled Aly since she loves frogs so much.



Here are a few pictures of some of the other castles made. The kids all loved it!



For the class party I made cookie cupcakes with strawberry icing. Aly instructed me to make white ones for the boys! She told me they wouldn't eat pink ones! The cookie cake on the right I made for her teacher as a gift. I also made one for us to have on Valentine's as well although I will say, I ended up eating most of it. I sure need my treadmill this week!!!


Aly chose her own Valentine's outfit which I thought was quite cute. The tie dye pants I made her awhile ago paired with a hooded pink shirt. At the party the teacher handed out princess hats for the girls to wear!




Poor KK due to all of her illnesses missed her own class Valentine's Party but she was able to party with a few of her friends during Aly's class party since these two boys are siblings of Nathan and Bailey in Aly's class. Every time Aly has a class party these three get to sit at their own little table and have a party together too!

No comments: