Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving at home

 This year we had our first Thanksgiving at home in a long time.  Since we were just on vacation the week before, we couldn't afford to travel and stay at a hotel again to go to out of town family gathering.

We had fun.  I bought a table cloth the girls could play games on, color, and decorate.  I also had the girls put on their Indian shirts to be festive.

We are not really turkey lovers so we decided to make steak and crab.  It was really good!!!

 One of the most special parts was eating on Grandpa and Grandma's plate set.  Grandpa went to Canada with his mom when he was a little boy to buy this plate set.  It was very special to me that they passed this plate set on to me and my family.  Every holiday we are home we plan to honor and remember them by eating on these plates.





No comments: