Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My first recycle bag project

 Starting next July all plastic bags will be banned in CA which means we will need to bring our own bags to stores.  I started making my own.  This was my first try.  I just took apart a Savemart paper bag and used it as the pattern.  I liked the bag but I did make a mistake and accidently puckered the corners.  I can do better next time.

I am also trying a Walmart plastic bag for my next pattern.  Once I complete that I am going to try both style of bags and see which one I like better.  The Walmart style will be easier to sew for sure.

4 comments:

grandma T said...

Alyssa, mommy made a bag with small straps. If you can make one for grandma T ,I will send you $5.00 for it. The ones you made are very nice.
Gran would like one for when I have to
take my medicine to the doctors with me,cause I have so much to take.
Grandma t. Love ya

Angela said...

Are you asking Alyssa to make you this one? None of them have long enough straps to put over your shoulder but we can take the pattern for the bag I made for you and just modify it and make the straps twice as long if that is the length you are looking for? Alyssa only ended up sewing one bag..she lost interest after that. Now she just makes little sleeping bags and clothes with the fabric scraps.

Grandma T said...

One like that is fine.
Alyssa won't make it. I'm surprised.I thought she would for the 5 bucks. Don't care about the pattern just not to crazy.
Thought she did a good job on the other one.
Thanks, Grandma T
Do appreciate it.

Angela said...

If you want you can have this one. It was the first bag I made so it is slightly imperfect but still nice. If you would prefer another one I can make one with a sage green inside and the outside would be white with very small flowers on it. Pretty subtle and simple fabric. May take a week..kids keep me busier when they are not in school. Do you like Modesto better? Are you closer to things you like or in a senior housing place with nice amenities?