Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cruella De Vil

This year the girls have dalmatian costumes for Halloween. They actually got the costumes for their birthday present. I am so glad they are nice and warm too! Last year we went to the Halloween Festival at the school and plan to do the same thing again this year. The event is mostly outside so I am happy they will be nice and warm.



Since they are being cute little dalmatians, wouldn't it be fun if I dressed up as Cruella De Vil? I am really excited to see if I can piece together a costume. I told Aly about my idea and she thought it would be great! I told KK about my idea and she didn't like it! She is scared of Cruella! My guess though is when she sees me dress up she we be o.k. with it.

I know I could buy a costume on the Disney website but I thought it would be more fun to go thrift store shopping and see if I can make my own! Looks like the authentic Cruella wears a black dress, white fur coat, red gloves, and red shoes. I will have to buy the wig as I am sure I can't make that or find it at a thrift store. If I can't find a cheap white coat, I have some fleece spotted fabric that I can use to make a shawl. Wish me luck! I think this is going to be fun! The only part I won't like is putting on all the make up! BTW Aly pointed out I would need a big cigarette...I thought that was funny that she noticed that, so I will probably have to buy that too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can always use a white straw Push cotton down in it and the paint the end with red nail polish