Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cooking for my family is no easy chore

My Grandma often complained I was hard to cook for, mostly because I don't like ham and fig cookies. I have to say though, my family is almost impossible to cook for! Well, I think Aly and I could enjoy dinners together but KK and Daddy make it impossible.

Daddy has that whole Atkins philosophy so he wants meat, protein, meat, protein, and no carbs or sugar! KK doesn't like any meat except chicken and doesn't like pasta either. Aly and I are pasta lovers and prefer less meat!

Seriously, either I please hubby, Aly and I, or KK. I can't seem to please all four of us at once! The closest I get is home made pizza but hubby won't eat it due to the carbs. I use whole wheat flour and add flax seed but he won't eat it!

When I make pasta I only use whole wheat/whole grain as well but Daddy won't eat it and KK doesn't like pasta.

So seriously, how do I cook for this family? Hubby and I both like Chinese and Indian food but that isn't child friendly. I am running out of ideas and getting far too frustrated with the whole dinner thing!

What do you do? Do you have a favorite website with family dinner ideas? What would you do if your family was so particular? I can't be a short order cook and I can't please everyone!

No comments: