Thursday, June 25, 2009

Taco Stew


O.k., I know, my pictures aren't great. This probably doesn't even look appetizing but let me assure you, it is! Not only does it taste great but it is super easy to make! I make mine in a stew version because hubby is not so fond of soup. If you end up wanting it soupy, just double the chicken broth and taco seasoning.

3 chicken breast diced up
1 15 oz can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 15 oz can petite cut diced tomatoes with jalapenos
2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese--you may wish to add more
2 tbsp taco season--you may wish to add more to make it more spicy

Directions:
cut up 3 large chicken breasts and put in the crock pot. Add the 2 cans of chicken broth. Set crock pot timer on the lowest setting for about two hours. Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Let simmer on low for another hour or two. Add the shredded cheese, let melt and serve. Some people like to add sour cream.
1 4oz can diced green chilis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely have to try this for Tim! I think he would love it and I know I will too! Thanks for posting it! : ) Amy