Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So Proud of my nephew and brother

Around 5th grade many boys start to loose interest in school. This happened to my brother and I have personally watched it happen to many students. Unfortunately this happened to my nephew Sage this past year. He became completely disinterested in school, stopped doing classwork and homework, and his grades slipped to failing. My brother having gone through this first hand was going to do everything in his power to make sure his own son didn't do the same thing.

Sage began lying about his homeowork and assignments saying they were completed. My brother set up a system with the teacher to track his assignments and what needed to get done. Sage still tried to get out of it and lie. So do you know what my brother did? I think it was brilliant! He challanged Sage to beat his grades. You see my brother Tim is in medical training school. He has been doing well maintaining around a 3.8 grade point average. So he challenged his son to beat his grades. He also told his son he would pay him $10 for each A he earned.

Guess what? It totally worked! Sage got 5 A's and an A-! I am so proud of him. He also beat my brother on his report card. I am so proud of both of them. Good parenting Tim, way to go! Great job Sage on all of your hard work!

No comments: