Sunday, December 7, 2014

Kayla learns to sew a bag

 Kayla chose some fabric I bought years ago.  It is Littlest Pet Shop fabric.  I think at the time I was going to make Alyssa a dress out of it but I never got around to it. 

Since Kayla's pattern had to be facing up and we only had a limited amount of fabric her bag required twice the work as we had to modify the pattern and the process.

She was really excited to learn.  She liked ironing.  She cut out her pattern a bit messy and learned a good lesson that it is important to be neat.  I hope she takes more time next time.  In her defense though my scissors are very dull.  Santa must bring me at least one new pair since it is likely these girls will be taking over my sewing machine.

If Kayla's sewing is a glimpse into the future of her driving we are in big trouble!!  That girl likes to push the peddle fast!!!!   She is all about efficiency!  I kept thinking, man she loves that peddle, I hope she is more conservative when she   learns to drive!
I loved how she wasn't afraid to do anything.  The iron didn't scare her, pinning didn't scare her, she was super excited to try running it through the machine!  It was definitely fun teaching her!




No comments: