Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My eye issues cost too much!

Wow, who knew my camera could take such a good picture!  My optometrist took a picture way worse than this and charged me $70!  I think I should just document any growth/change myself!

Back in Janurary when I had a routine eye examine the Dr. was very nervous about the brown spot you see on my eye and the fact that it is pulling the pupil upward.  She called it a raised, non-pigmented lesion.  She said she wasn't sure if it was an iris nevus or an iris melanoma.  She said she wanted me to go to UC Davis for an eye exam and consultation. 

I went and everything turned out fine.  In fact, the Dr. said that I have less than a 5% chance that the mole will develop into a melanoma.  He was actually so confident that he said he bet it was actually less than 1% chance!  That is the good news!  The bad news is he charged me over $400 for the appointment.  My insurance makes me pay the first $500 so between his visit and the first Dr.'s visit that is how much I owe.

From now on I am just going to let it be monitored at my regular eye Dr. appointment every year!  I think I will take my own pictures too and have it documented at home as well!

The measurements of the iris nevus were 2.75 diameter and 2.6 in thickness!  There, now my blog will keep an accurate record!  I will even label this post for future use!

No comments: