Monday, April 11, 2011

Alyssa can't catch a break!

I seriously couldn't believe it when the school called me today!  Luck would have it, it was within 5 minutes of the baby falling asleep on her first nap.  The very nap that I do my daily work out video to!  When the school called I immediately assumed it was for Kayla.  She has a cold and a very hoarse voice.  In fact, she didn't want to go to school today.  If she hadn't missed 3 days last week due to strep throat I may have considered it.

I was shocked to find out it was for Alyssa.  I was even more surprised when they said she got her in the mouth again!  What???  Are you serious?  What happened?  They didn't know, only that she her lip was swollen and she wanted to come home.  They said they tried to send her back to class but she was too upset to spend the rest of the day at school.  I woke up the baby and immediately dashed to the school.  

I thought perhaps it was more of an emotional injury since they couldn't even tell me if she was bleeding.  When I got there Ms. Green, the librarian was so kindly rubbing Alyssa's arms and comforting her.  She told me she was so brave and strong.  I could tell in Alyssa's eyes she was very upset.  They immediately began tearing up.  Her lip was fat again, had a cut on the lip and a big cut on the inside of the mouth.  The cut on the inside of her mouth was probably from her tooth!  I couldn't believe it.  This morning was the first day she woke up and her lip wasn't swollen.  We had just been to urgent care the day before because her lip had developed an infection!  Can't this kid catch a break?

I tried asking her on the way home what happened.  She was too upset to talk.  Later she told me three of her friends were playing together.  She said Tommy and Roman were holding Nathan and trying not to let him get away.  She said she was standing there trying to tell Tommy something when Nathan broke free and his head rammed right into her mouth.  Of course no one saw this coming.  These are her best friends, it was a complete accident.


Poor thing, she is so traumatized now.  She asked me why she keeps getting hurt.  I feel so bad.

No comments: