Sunday, January 17, 2010

Talking to the baby

Some Internet sites say around 17 weeks the baby can start to hear sound. So the girls have began talking to the baby and giving the baby fart kisses! They find it really funny to give the baby fart kisses and watch my belly move as I laugh! KK reminds me everyday that my tummy is getting "fat" and she finds it quite funny. Daddy came to the rescue today and told her Mommies tummy isn't fat, she is pregnant and has a baby in it.

I have started to feel the baby move and kick and for some reason this past week my uterus is in a huge growth spurt! I am already having a hard time sleeping. I sleep the first 3 hours of the night but then wake up every 1/2 hour the rest of the night and have to change position due to being uncomfortable. I have a body pillow but maybe I need to do something else? Was there something that worked for you to help you sleep comfortably? If so please share!

We have both of the girls sleeping through the night in their own rooms now. KK is hilarious, we thought it might be easier for her to sleep in the same room as her sister for comfort but she wants to sleep in her own room with her own rules and routines. First off she has to have the bedroom door shut! She needs a flashlight, and wants a music CD on. Aly likes the door open and turns her flashlight off before she falls asleep. She doesn't need music but has to have a humidifier on due to her cough. So I guess it makes sense for them to sleep in their own rooms. However, after the baby comes and is past 3 months old we plan on moving it to its own room. So either the girls will have to learn to share a room or one of them will have to share with the baby!

Nothing else new. I will try and post when we have something to share. Now that I am feeling better I would like to keep the blog up and I know this would make my family very happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute

Anonymous said...

Growing rapidly. maybe twins wouldn't that be something. The girls would love it ,one for each of them.