Friday, January 15, 2010

Been doing some baby shopping

After having KK I got rid of most of my baby stuff. So now we have to start all over again! I still had a car seat and that was about it. A month ago I bought a used stroller that was supposed to work as a travel system with my car seat but it didn't. It was missing some parts. It is a very nice stroller though and will work well for the baby so we will keep it.

There are still a number of things on our list that we need to get. We have got some offers to borrow things which we definitely will do but there are still things no one has for us to borrow that we need to buy.

I have been wanting a mini co sleeper to put next to the bed for the first three months the baby is born. I knew I wasn't going to buy it new because they run around $120. I have been looking on craigslist and most of the time used they are running around $65-$70. I called yesterday on one and it was missing some parts. Hubby is getting frustrated with me buying things on craigslist because often times they are missing parts. At least this lady was honest about it though. So we decided not to buy it. It also made me rethink my plan. Why buy a mini co sleeper that will only be good for 3 months? I decided to look at playards with full bassinets since we have plenty of room in our bedroom to fit one.

I went to Walmart and Kmart just to get an idea of price and styles. They are all $100 or more. I found one at Kmart for $119 that I really liked but wanted to keep shopping. I went to TJ Max as you can often find some good deals on products there. Today was my lucky day! I found a great deal on the Boppy Happy Place Playard. Online this playard ranges from $113-$149. TJ Max had it on clearance for $69. I was thrilled! I would have paid that for a used one on craigslist! Of course I bought it!

We set it up and it is perfect! I love it that I will be able to use it in my room the first 3 months or so and then we can use it on trips and such. I also like that it can be used from infant through toddler. I am happy we made this purchase. I love the deal I got too!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've never been told that once you give baby things away . that;s when you get pregnant. epecially a crib.