Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Christmas Eve Jammie Tradition

Back in my early 20's I spent a Christmas Eve with a family I babysit for. They introduced me to their family tradition of opening a present on Christmas Eve which happened to be Christmas Jammies. They were also so kind as to give me a pair of Christmas jammies. I still have them too! They were red with white snowflakes on them! I decided then that when I had a family I would start this tradition with my family.





This year the girls are finally getting the tradition. Alyssa was asking days before Christmas if she was going to be able to open her Christmas Jammies on Christmas Eve. You all know me as frugal and you better believe that I scored a great deal on their jammies too! I bought them Disney Pajamas from the Disney store. I believe I got them in July on clearance for $5.99 a pair! First I had purchased the Mickey Jammies and later when the Minnie Jammies went on clearance I decided to splurge and buy those too. So this year they had two pair of jammies to choose from. The Minnie Jammies were a nightgown which can be kind of cold for us here. The girls decided to wear the Mickey jammie bottoms with their nightgowns so it was perfect!





I took a video of them opening up their jammies too!



No comments: