Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

Wow, I am so thrilled to have tweaked my harder version of Chicken Tikka Masala and made it into an easy crock pot recipe! This is a bit spicy so my suggestion if you want to tame it down is to use mild curry powder instead of hot. I buy all of my spices in bulk at an Indian Food grocery store in Folsom.


Ingredients:


6 chicken breasts cut up in cube size pieces

2 cups heavy whipping cream

12 ounces of Tomato Paste

1/2 cube of butter

1 tblsp. Paprika

1 tblsp. Curry Powder Hot

1 tblsp. Garam Masala

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. ginger

1 tsp. black pepper

4-6 cloves garlic minced


Combine all ingredients in crock pot and put on low for 6-8 hours. Make a side of rice and some garlic naan bread. This is so good and a great dish to put leftovers in the freezer to take for lunch. For garnish you can add cilantro just before serving.

No comments: