Friday, April 23, 2010

Fresh Summer Haircuts!



Aly loves her hair cut short. Last year in May for the first time she got her hair cut short. We decided for winter it would be better for her to let it grow and then in the Spring/Summer she could get it cut short again. She has been asking for the past month or two but I was waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. So we finally went on Monday and got her hair cut.

Aly wanted her hair cut that exact length. I asked to stylist to have it 1-2 inches longer. I guess Aly must have won with the stylist because she got exactly what she wanted! It looks cute though, the lady put in some light layers as well.

KK wanted a haircut too. This was a little harder on me because her hair was half way down her back. She wanted it cut short like Aly too but I wasn't ready to let go! After all, she didn't even start growing hair until she was 3 years old! So I told the stylist I wanted it cut just below her shoulders. The stylist did exactly what I wanted! KK liked it, Mommy and Daddy both liked it too! Maybe next year we will be ready to let go more and allow her to have short hair. After all shouldn't we get to enjoy her long hair for a couple of years? Aly had long hair at 18 months old so we had plenty of time to enjoy hers!

Hopefully Mommy is next! Not a cut though, just get a highlight/low-light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you both look adorable. Love you bunches, grandma nancy