Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baking

Call it nesting or call it experimenting but I sure have been having fun baking lately. I have really learned how to cook with yeast and have learned all the secrets for helping dough to rise in a cold house! I have also loved finding new recipes on allrecipes.com. They are such a great website and many users review recipes so you can read how well others liked it before trying it out. Lately I have made homemade donuts, cinnamon rolls, Amish bread, and pizza! My favorite of all was the cinnamon rolls. The recipe claimed they were just like the ones from Cinnabon at the mall. I personally think they were even better! My children loved them too!




The first picture is a loaf of Amish bread I made. Between the girls and myself we had almost the whole loaf ate in an hour. It was so good! The funny thing is KK wouldn't eat bread before I started making my own! The second picture was a garlic, bacon, chicken, artichoke pizza. It was good but I did learn that I need to season my chicken a little more next time!


The first picture was a first attempt at homemade donuts. It was an interesting recipe that called for mashed potatoes as one of the ingredients. To be honest, I think I will try a different donut recipe next time. They were o.k. but I would like to try and experiment with donuts that are baked and not fried. The last picture is the amazing cinnamon roll recipe from allrecipes.

No comments: