Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shark Teeth!


Last October Aly started to get the first signs of her bottom teeth being loose. Within two weeks however, her permanent teeth starting coming in behind her front teeth. Both hubby and I had gone through these problems as children and had to have the dentist pull some of our teeth. So, genetically speaking she has it from both of us.

In early Nov. I brought her to the dentist fully prepared that he would remove her baby teeth. He felt like it was not a concern. He told me the permanent teeth would push on the baby teeth and help dissolve the roots. He told me not to come back until the permanent teeth were level with the baby teeth.

It is now February. The first week of Feb. I made an appointment to see the dentist since the teeth were level. Once again I fully expected him to remove her baby teeth. Aly's front right baby tooth has gotten a bit more wiggly and if she was more aggressive I think she could get it out. It is probably about 30 percent loose if that makes since. The other tooth is still standing strong. I figured he would take one or both. Nope, he said as the permanent teeth move forward, they will dissolve the roots and make it easier for the baby teeth to come out. He also said Aly needed to get more aggressive with the one tooth that was loose--I sure wish she wasn't so afraid of wiggling it and letting it hurt a tiny bit!

So here we are again, patiently waiting for these two baby teeth to come out! Has anyone else experienced this? What did your dentist say? Should I seek a second opinion? Should I see an orthodontist? Should I stop worrying? Hey, it's my first child, I don't know what the heck I am doing here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would seek a second opion, in the past dentist have always taken out the baby teeth had the permanent teeth came in, because it can cause trouble with the permanent teeth lining up properly, and might cause misalignment of the teeth and cause her to have to have braces so second apion would give you a little more knowledge

Love,
Mom W.

Anonymous said...

Boy! I always wiggled mine loose as soon as I could. That was Money I normally didn't have