Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Poor KK

Last night was a hard night in our household. It seemed everything that could go wrong did! Around 5:30 last night KK was running on the new pergo floors in her socks and fell. She fell right on her face and two of her teeth bit into her lower lip! Poor thing, she was so bloody. I used a cold, wet wash cloth to clean it all up so I could see what happened. Meanwhile Aly was crying in her bed from coughing uncontrollably and feeling sick!

KK was so strong though. She stopped crying within two minutes. She let me clean her all up. The craziest part was within ten minutes she was right back to running on the Pergo floors. I told her to stop and she said, "Mommy, it's o.k., I took my socks off! I am running barefoot now!"

I took a few pictures. The first set are from right after it happened and the last two are from the next day.



I think this experience was harder on me than her. I did keep my cool but my heart ached inside and I was afraid we would have an ER trip from it!

I waited till Daddy got home to see if he thought we should see a DR. By that time Aly was doing horrible and breathing rapidly! She was coughing to the point of vomiting, so we had to change our focus to her and bring her to the ER.


The white parts are where her tooth bit into her lip. I figured when we took Aly to the ER we could ask the Dr. about her lip. Well, they wouldn't allow KK in because she was under 17 so she had to stay out in the waiting room with Daddy! I went to my OBGYN appt. today and asked if I should have her seen. The Dr. said it was o.k. as long as it doesn't swell more and get puss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boys sis that all the time.