Saturday, February 20, 2016

Our first taekwondo tournament

 Today our whole family went to our first taekwondo tournament to compete.  Mommy was the most nervous, loosing sleep and everything..lol.  Mostly because she didn't want anyone looking at her, which of course, is the point since you win by being judged.  Alyssa was pretty nervous too.  We thought Summer was just going to be her normal bouncy, confident self but she surprised us.  She was shy, quiet, and very nervous! 
Check her out sitting with all the kinderkickers.  Her group went first.  I think there was close to 25 kids!
 She competed against these two boys from other studio's.
 She got third place. :-)
 Next Alyssa and Kayla were called.  They were both separated onto different mats to compete with their age level.  I had to run back and forth to watch them.  Meanwhile it was possible at any moment that Ed and I would be called to compete with our age brackets.

Alyssa won her first form match and had to compete again.  She ended up taking 4th place in forms.  There were 8 kids in her age bracket.

Kayla did really well on her form.  I was actually surprised that boy won.  He went super fast and his moves were a bit sloppy but hey, I am just a mom here, what do I know about judging?

 This is Alyssa doing her one step's. 
 Here is Kayla doing her one steps.


 Here is Alyssa getting her 4th place ribbon.
 Alyssa was kind enough to try and take pictures and video's of me and Daddy when it was our turn.  She had to run back and forth to both mats and she favored me so we don't have a lot of Daddy.

 Here I am doing my one steps. 









Daddy took second place for his forms and third place for his one step's.
Mommy took first place for her forms and first place for her one step's.

No comments: