Tuesday, September 23, 2014

King Fire continues..the 2nd monday

 I woke up Monday morning feeling pretty good about the fire.  We hadn't seen smoke plumes since the past Thursday.  The fire has been mostly traveling north, north/east.  While there was still danger from the south west corner near Camino at slab creek, we were feeling like they had it under control.

When I came home from getting the kids from school I saw these smoke plumes/clouds.  My heart started racing.  Fear and panic set in.  I didn't let the kids know I even noticed them.  Alyssa has been scared enough but the fire and was finally starting to relax.  I immediately came
 in and logged in on the internet to see if there were any updates.  Eventually I found out they were doing back burning on slab creek to try and help build a better fire break.  Man I hope those hold!!!

Today is a red flag warning and not good for our fire.  The good news is the winds should be posting north but the bad news is there could be gusts of wind and the fire could have a rapid rate of spread.  Again, hoping it will be away from our house/town. 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: