Saturday, September 10, 2011

The girls have their first soccer game!



























Alyssa and Kayla had their first soccer game today!  Kayla had a 9 a.m. game at IC and Alyssa had a game at the same time at HG!  It made me so sad because I can only be in one place at a time!  I went to Kayla's game and Daddy went to Alyssa's game.  Kayla and Alyssa both like playing goalie the most!  I wonder if this is a popular position with all children???  I used to like playing defender!

Kayla had a rough start.  She was put in as a forward and after about 2 minutes of running and chasing the ball she didn't want to play that position anymore.  She kind of gave up.  I felt so bad for her teammates.  So then her coach tried her as a defender.  She tried for awhile but I think she wasn't quite sure of what she was supposed to be doing.  Once the coach put her as goalie her whole attitude changed!  She was in HEAVEN!  She loved it and gave it her all!  She tried so hard and loved every minute of it!  Now we have to teach her that even when you aren't playing the position you love, you still have to try your best and be a good teammate, otherwise you are letting them down. 

Alyssa has a bye next week so I won't be able to see her play.  The week after that she will have to miss her game because we are meeting my brother in Reno.  So, I have to wait until the first weekend in October to see her play and capture it all on video!  I know you may be wondering why I just didn't go to Alyssa's game today.  Well, two answers really.  Today was Kayla's first soccer game of her life and Alyssa played when she was 5.  Also, Alyssa decided she wanted Daddy there since I get to watch her at every practice and he hasn't been able to since he works when we practice.   

No comments: